We are committed to preserving the Hall for the people of Lancashire for generations to come, and there are a huge range of activities to get involved in. From guided tours and conservation, to gardening and helping us grow local produce.There is also catering and retail, administration and marketing, fundraising and our busy events and exhibitions programme.
Whether you're looking to volunteer full-time, or have just a few hours a week to spare, we are always looking for enthusiastic, committed volunteers to help us with the many activities and services we provide for visitors and the community.
Why volunteer? Many of the team volunteer their support for the following reasons:
- Great personal satisfaction in protecting and conserving our shared heritage for the future. Making your mark on history and making a difference to the life of the Hall is a great way to give your time
- Developing your personal interests. It's a fascinating place, and getting involved offers the chance to choose from a diverse range of activities, working in areas that interest you, or trying out new experiences
- Volunteering provides excellent personal and professional development opportunities, where you can improve your skills and transfer your knowledge to others, or learn about new career and life directions
- The Trust enthusiastically supports local learning and skills initiatives, working with agencies and educational establishments, to provide positive and meaningful opportunities for work placements
- You'll have to opportunity to meet like-minded people, and make social connections and friendships that will enrich your experience.
Don’t forget, it’s not just volunteers to help inside; we do need keen and active gardeners and retired joiners/handymen/painters.
As a charity, all help is greatly needed. The potential benefits for you and the Hall are immense, so if you're interested and would like to find out more, please call Genevieve on 01254 812010 for an informal chat, or email firstname.lastname@example.org